Established in 1929, Bevan’s Butchers is a contemporary family run business providing the finest in free-range meats, fish, cooked meats and cheeses. This is an exciting time for Bevan’s. We’re re-opening a brand-new shop in Effingham which will be more than just a butchers shop. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-paced business then please apply below.
About the role
As a butcher for Bevan’s, you will be working as part of a remarkable team, ensuring that our customers receive the best possible service. You will also be responsible for maintaining the shop floor and driving sales. Butchery experience is essential, and we may ask for a block test. We are looking for individuals who are energetic, passionate and looking to develop their skills. Simply put, we are looking for the best.
- Breaking down carcasses whilst adhering to Bevans strict butchery standards
- Seeing in goods, temperature checking and quality control
- Ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service at all times
- Drive sales by responding to customer enquiries and provide alternatives where necessary
- Present a professional and friendly impression of the company at all times
- Assist in the maintenance of standards on the shop floor and for all displays and merchandise
- Replenish stock levels when needed, making sure the counter is always full
- Adhere to strict health and safety guidelines
Skills/ Experience Needed
- Excellent knife skills
- Good understanding of carcass butchery
- Food safety level 2 certificate would be preferred
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures accurately and consistently
- Attention to detail and accuracy with all tasks
- An understanding of food and how to cook
- Good communication skills
- Personable and friendly
- The ability to work within a small team
- 50% staff discount.
- Staff training.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Competitive Salary.
Job Type: part-time butcher