Established in 1929, Bevan’s Butchers’ is a contemporary family run business providing the finest in free-range meats, fish, cooked meats and cheeses. This is an exciting time for Bevan’s. We’re re-opening a brand-new shop in Effingham which will be more than just a butchers shop.
About the role
As a sales assistant for Bevan’s, you will be working as part of a remarkable team, ensuring that our customers receive the best possible service. You will also be responsible for maintaining the shop floor and driving sales. Butchery experience is not essential. However, we are looking for individuals who are energetic, passionate and eager to learn about the trade. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-paced business then please apply below.
- Ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service at all times.
- Drive sales by responding to customer enquiries and provide alternatives where necessary.
- Present a professional and friendly impression of the company at all times.
- Assist in the maintenance of standards on the shop floor and for all displays and merchandise
- Replenish stock levels when needed, making sure the counter is always full
- Adhere to strict health and safety guidelines
Skills/ Experience Needed
- An understanding of food and how to cook
- Good communication skills
- Personable and friendly
- The ability to work within a small team
- 50% staff discount
- Staff training
- Opportunity for career progression
- Competitive Salary
Job Type: Full-time – 44 hours per week